If your delivery address is NOT in the U.S.A. or Canada please CLICK HERE.
Your downloads will be links in an e-mail message sent to the e-mail address you supply. Click on those links to download each track you purchase. Please ensure that your e-mail program will accept e-mails — with live links — from email@example.com, and that such e-mails will NOT be automatically diverted by a "junk" or "spam" filter.
Surfacing includes the 13 songs listed below; I've quoted Tom's (often amusing) liner notes for each.
Click on to listen to a sample of the song. Click on the song title to see the lyrics.
- A Sailor Ain't A Sailor (Last Shanty) "My first song, written when I was only 33 and didn't know any better".
- Recall "Blue Peter, International Flag 'Papa', is hoisted on merchant vessels to signify imminent departure and to recall the crew. Inspired by Stan Hugill, who is not God -- he just looks like him."
- Inside Every Sailor (Deceptions) "Who is so perfect as never to have practised self-deceipt?"
- Sailorman's Port in a Storm "Please feel free to adapt and augment at will -- just like 'real' shanties."
- Watches "A hairy-chested sailor will tell you that each hair was grown, one at a time, on the middle-watch between 2359 and 0400."
- And the Hunter Home from the Hill "A song based on Robert Louis Stevenson's poem 'Requiem'."
- Landlocked Sailor "This is what moving to North America does to a nautical songwriter."
- Marching Inland (Legend) "The philosophy underlying this song can be found in Homer's Odyssey. In Britain, however, it is impossible to get 100 miles from the sea."
- Away "Lyn knows that this one is for her."
- Bread and Butter to Me "Did you notice that there were no personal invitations issued to join the Falkland's conflict?"
- Diesel and Shale "Despite hearing this cautionary tale of Cyril Tawney, I still spent 17 years stinking of submarine fuel and lubricating oil."
- Cyril Said It All Before (Post Tawney Blues) "Cyril Tawney is unique! In the Fifties and Sixties he sailed 'single-handed' to the New World of Contemporary, nautical songs, pioneering where the rest of us can only aspire to follow."
- Sailor's Prayer "The frontispiece of Charles McHardy's authentic submarine novel: Send Down a Dove, is a traditional sailor's prayer, and forms the chorus of this plea for divine intervention.